Wednesday, October 4, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 Week 1 - Games Room

Welcome to my One Room Challenge! Over the next six weeks I plan to overhaul this rather large games room in our basement.  Cant wait to walk through this process with you!

When we built our house 6 years ago, we considered leaving the basement unfinished.  However, they say when you are building to do it right the first time because you may never go back to it.  So we finished the basement, but didn't decorate it.  I'm glad we at least finished the space, because this is what it has looked like since then!



I chose contemporary corrugated aluminum for the original fireplace.  However, it was quickly up without plans or instruction from me.  The cutout for the TV was in the wrong place, and it was suppose to have a mantle to deflect the heat from the fireplace.  So we are now onto new and better things!



We utilized the area under the stairs for storage of the endless toys and dress up clothes!  We put the plumbing in for a bar kitchen - which I am super thankful for now!




Inspired by my recent trip to Africa, I thought I would go for a bit of a tribal theme.  I am going completely throw all things "LISA" out the window and go for a colourless scheme!  (gasp) . Black and White here I come!  Of course I have touches of gold in the plans.  I mean, I can't completely abandon my true self!



In this long rectangular space we want a TV to have sports on while playing a board game.  I love the idea of a round table for playing cards.  Some shelves for storing photo books, games and pretty things (that hopefully won't get smashed by exuberant boys!) . Bean bag chairs for chilling with friends.  And a bar kitchen... so the kids can eat and drink downstairs!!??  I may have to rethink that one!


Our kids are at the age where they love hanging out with their friends.  I really want to create a loungey (not sure if that is a word) type space for them to be.  I love the tribal - loungey feeling of this room.  Although I may have to resort to a sofa. 

Source Unknown

This basement hangout is light and bright.  You don't feel like you are in a basement.  That is the goal for my space.


Chris Love Julia

This week I have to hire my contractor, and make some serious decisions.  I look forward to sharing the ups and downs of this process.  Stay tuned!

Make sure you check out the other bloggers here as they set out to transfer a room in six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: